Training for Adults
We believe it is the responsibility of adults to keep children safe. At Blue Sky Bridge, we offer a range of trainings, which can be completed on location or in our office. These training sessions will teach adults methods for working with youth.
Interested in scheduling at training? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Join us for Trainings & Events throughout the month:
- Wednesday April 5th, 12 pm – Healthy Touch for Children
- Wednesday April 12th, 12 pm – Talking with Children
- Wednesday April 19th, 12 pm – Protecting Children Through Active Bystanding
- Wednesday April 25th, 12 pm – Protecting Children from Sex Trafficking
- Martes 4 de abril, 12 pm – Contacto saludable con niños y jóvenes
- Martes 11 de abril, 12 pm – Conversar con los niños para protegerlos del abuso sexual
- Martes 18 de abril, 12 pm – Proteger a los niños cuando adultos sobrepasan los límites personales de los niños
- Martes 25 de abril, 12 pm – Proteger a los niños contra la explotación sexual comercial de menores
- Wednesday, April 12th, 6:00 -7:30 pm, at East Boulder Community Center (5660 Sioux Dr, Boulder)**
- Monday, April 24th, 6:00 -7:30 pm at Front Range Community College (2190 Miller Dr, Longmont)
Stewards of Children®
Stewards of Children® is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. Developed by Darkness to Light, the training features survivors of child sexual abuse as well as experts in the field explaining the five steps to protect children. Watch the video trailer HERE.
- Friday, May 5th, 10:00am – 12:00 pm (hybrid)
This training covers the basics of child sexual abuse (CSA). The presentation can be customized but typically includes: facts & statistics, warning signs, prevention tips, talking to kids, handling disclosures, and reporting abuse.
You Are a Trusted Adult
This is a great training for any adult working with children who has a basic understanding of child sexual abuse. This session covers the disclosure process, how kids tell at different ages, and evaluating and responding to sexual behaviors between children. Participants will have a chance to hear practical examples of how to question & respond to children.
A shortened version of CSA 101 with enhanced coverage of mandatory reporter laws, when & how to make a report, barriers to reporting, handling a disclosure, and what to expect after a report.
School Based Education Parent Talk
This training is included as part of our school based education program. The presentation provides an overview of the material and talking points children will receive in each of the four lessons in the classroom. Also included are many of the elements of CSA 101.
Join Blue Sky Bridge via Zoom for a one-hour virtual parent talk:
Wednesday, April 5th 12:00-1:00 pm
School Based Education Staff Talk
This training is included as part of our school based education program. The presentation provides an overview to school staff of the material and talking points children will receive in each of the four lessons in the classroom and how staff can reinforce those lessons. This presentation also includes a brief review of mandated reporting including responding to a disclosure and making a report.