Blue Sky Bridge is a Child Advocacy Center located in Boulder, Colorado, and an essential component of the local multidisciplinary team. Through forensic interviews, family crisis intervention, and therapy, we provide services to children who are victims of and witnesses to crimes, and to their families. We also provide training, education, and outreach for our community. Blue Sky Bridge has helped over 10,000 children and family members since our founding in 1995.
The Bilingual Family Support Advocate / MDT Coordinator has significant opportunity to sustain and build upon this role, while working with a dedicated team of professionals. Family Support Advocates report to the Program Director, and work on a team with the Program Director, Forensic Interviewers, other Family Support Advocates, and the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) in Boulder County.
Bilingual Family Support Advocate / MDT Coordinator
Provides family support advocacy for non–offending family members and coordinates collaboration with the Boulder County Multidisciplinary Team and Human Trafficking Task Force.
- Provides families with clinical crisis intervention during the forensic interview and sets the foundation for extended psycho-educational support.
- Works with Law Enforcement and the Department of Housing and Human Services, Child Protection Division, to maximize the support a child and family receive throughout the investigation.
- Identifies and provides appropriate community resources and referrals.
- Provides education on topics such as:
- Childhood abuse and neglect
- System/family impact
- Caregiver’s role in recovery
- Safety planning
- Roles of the multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Importance of treatment
- Identification of treatment providers
- Conducts basic family assessments.
- Maintains contact and advocate relationships with clients.
- Maintains the client case tracking system (NCATrak).
- Facilitates caregiver support groups, as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention via phone.
- Participates on the Boulder County Sexual Assault Review Team (SART), as needed.
- Is available after-hours on an emergency basis, as needed.
- Represents Blue Sky Bridge on the Multidisciplinary Team and Human Trafficking Task Force:
- Attends county and state-wide meetings and collaborates with the Multi-disciplinary Team to coordinate outreach and education efforts.
- Develops, provides, and facilitates outreach, awareness and training for at-risk populations.
- Organizes “best practice” trainings for service providers, law enforcement agencies, and other key stakeholders on the topic of Human Trafficking identification, investigation, and service delivery.
OTHER DUTIES OR SKILLS
- Represents Blue Sky Bridge on assigned community committees.
- Provides grant support, participates in fundraising efforts, and prepares monthly reports, as needed.
- Attends Blue Sky Bridge events, as scheduled.
- Other duties, as assigned.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
The Bilingual Family Support Advocate / MDT Coordinator will work closely with Blue Sky Bridge staff and agency partners including investigators, prosecutors, treatment specialists, physicians, caseworkers, volunteers, and others who may be involved with cases.
BLUE SKY BRIDGE VALUES
- Kids first- the center of our work is the core value of serving children first.
- Strive for Excellence– in personal work performance, ability to collaborate across departments and agencies, providing the best care for our clients. Learning, growing, and taking healthy risks.
- Honor Wellness– a vibrant, resilient staff that enjoys coming to work and actively demonstrates their personal wellness strategies. Actively seeking ways to deal with the trauma that enters the building every day.
- Healthy Human Interactions– respect and dignity in action.
- All are welcome and Included– a full spectrum of demographic differences, as well as perspectives, personality, and opinions will make us stronger and more effective as an organization.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field, OR significant applied experience.
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish, fluently.
- 2+ years’ experience providing advocacy or clinical work with families.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to family systems and child victimization.
- Excellent communication and mediation skills.
- Ability to work well with children.
- Flexibility and the ability to work well with a variety of disciplines.
- Understanding of trauma-informed work environments and cultural humility.
- Ability to skillfully work in a group or independently.
- Confidence to express your thoughts, and reflective receptivity to feedback.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Physical ability to move between buildings, lift 20lbs, and go up and down stairs.
- Knowledge of how a child advocacy center works.
- Knowledge of the overall child protection and legal system.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Experience working in a Child Advocacy setting.
- Knowledge of child abuse investigations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Blue Sky Bridge is committed to offering competitive compensation and benefits. This position is salaried, with a starting range of $52,000 – $58,000 depending upon experience.
- Paid time off, Medical/Dental/Vision/401K/Life and AD&D, Parental Leave, Wellness Benefits, and Training opportunities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, and references.
Blue Sky Bridge is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.