Blue Sky Bridge is a Child Advocacy Center located in Boulder, Colorado. We are an essential component of the multidisciplinary team located within the child welfare and judicial systems. We provide services to children who are victims of and witnesses to crimes and their families, through forensic interviews and family crisis intervention. We also provide training for law enforcement and human services in addition to offering prevention education programs for the community. We have helped over 10,000 children and family members since our founding in 1995.
Bilingual Therapist – Part-Time
The key responsibility for this role is to serve as a trauma-informed therapist with children, adolescents and families to reduce symptoms after a traumatic event using evidence-based modalities of therapy and assessments to inform treatment. The person filling this role reports to the Program Director, and works on a team with other therapists. Therapists also work closely with forensic interviewers, family support advocates, and multidisciplinary partners. Work Schedule: 20 hours per week, with availability on weekday afternoons and early evenings for after-school appointments, and the ability to attend department and staff meetings on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Location: Longmont and Boulder offices (near Roosevelt Park and near Folsom & Iris, respectively).
To support children and adolescents as they heal from traumatic events; to foster healing and growth in families during times of crisis
- Provide direct crisis services to primary and secondary victims of child abuse within a child advocacy center
- Provide trauma-informed individual and group therapy services to children, non-offending caregivers, adults, and families
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships – within Blue Sky Bridge and the community
- Collaborate and communicate within the team, across Blue Sky Bridge teams, and across disciplines to further the mission of Blue Sky Bridge
- Provide testimony in child abuse cases if needed
- Receive ongoing training in trauma-informed best practices
- Assist with intake, staffing and referral process
- Support other therapists working with Blue Sky Bridge and our therapist guild
- Attend and represent BSB at community outreach events, fundraising events, and other community engagement activities, as needed
- Provide case support as needed
- Respond to crisis calls as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in a Clinical Field
- Current licensure or working towards clinical licensure in the state of Colorado, with outside clinical supervision in place
- Fluency in Spanish
- Thorough understanding of sexual assault and child abuse issues
- Experience providing therapeutic interventions with children and families
- Openness and willingness to learn about child advocacy centers, their purpose, and their way of working
- Understanding of trauma-informed work environments
- Ability to work well with a variety of disciplines
- Understanding of cultural humility
- Excellent communication and mediation skills
- Ability to skillfully work in a group or independently
- Openness to feedback
- Assertiveness and confidence when needed
- Experience with crisis management
- Excellent writing and phone skills
- Flexibility, organization, and the ability to multi-task
- Efficiency, skillful learning, and attention to detail
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a sometimes stressful environment
- Knowledge of computers and office equipment
- Physically able to move between buildings, lift 20lbs, and go up and down stairs
- Experience providing TF-CBT (Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and/or EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy)
- Experience working in a Child Advocacy setting
- Knowledge of child abuse investigations
STARTING HOURS AND SALARY RANGE
20 hours per week, with availability on weekday afternoons and early evenings for after-school appointments, and the ability to attend department and staff meetings on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
$25,000 – 27,000 / year, depending upon experience.
Blue Sky Bridge is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse applicant pool.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, and references. Applications accepted through 4/26/19. No phone calls, please.
ABOUT BLUE SKY BRIDGE
Bridge Blue Sky Bridge is a non-profit organization located in Boulder, Colorado working toward prevention and intervention in the fight against child abuse. We were created in 1995 by the Child Sexual Abuse Task Force, the Boulder County DA’s office, and local law enforcement and social services. Blue Sky Bridge has a successful history fighting child abuse in Boulder County. We use the Child Advocacy Center (CAC) model to create a child-focused approach to abuse investigations, working closely with investigation and support agencies including law enforcement, social services and the District Attorney’s office. Blue Sky Bridge provides skilled forensic interviews of children as well as crisis counseling and support to non-offending caregivers, and presents education programs to increase community awareness and to empower the community to prevent sexual abuse of children.