Blue Sky Bridge is a Child Advocacy Center located in Boulder, Colorado, and an essential component of the local multidisciplinary team. Through forensic interviews, family crisis intervention, and therapy, we provide services to children who are victims of and witnesses to crimes, and to their families. We also provide training, education, and outreach for our community. Blue Sky Bridge has helped over 10,000 children and family members since our founding in 1995.
Blue Sky Bridge is searching for a full time Director of Development. The Director of Development is a member of the leadership team, and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Blue Sky Bridge is a well-established organization in Boulder County with a strong base of financial support. There is significant opportunity to build upon this role. The Director of Development is responsible for leading the execution, analysis, planning, control, and evaluation of all fundraising and marketing efforts, while contributing to the overall mission of the organization through leadership activities.
Working with the Executive Director, Grant Writing team, Development Associate, Administrative Assistant, and Accountant to:
- Update and manage an established fundraising plan that is aligned with the strategic plan.
- Oversee and support staff and contractors.
- Direct a program for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors.
- Oversee the writing, designing and disseminating of annual campaigns and appeals.
- Personally direct the cultivation and growth of major donors including face-to-face solicitations.
- Oversee the management and strategic use of our donor acknowledgment system.
- Implement an annual stewardship plan for all donations.
- Implement a corporate partnership program, targeting large and small businesses.
- Collaborate with contract grant writing firm and accountant on written proposals, grant applications, and grant reporting. Ensure that all grant-writing is aligned with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Lead special events initiatives and assists with third-party opportunities.
- Report on goals and results in all revenue lines in the fundraising plan.
- Support staff, board of directors, and other volunteer committees.
Working with the Development Associate, Executive Director and Board of Directors to:
- Support the creation and implementation of public relations and marketing programs.
- Update and manage an established communications plan that is aligned with the strategic plan.
- Respond to press inquiries on behalf of the organization, including offering interviews to the media.
- Oversee the creation of informational packets for community engagement, agency tours and event sponsorships.
- Oversee the maintenance of the website and social media.
- Ensure that the organization’s brand is consistently and appropriately represented both internally and externally.
In partnership with the Program Director and Executive Director
- Participate in and drive organizational strategy through EOS, the Entrepreneurial Operating System.
- Lean into organizational values and initiatives that support inclusion, equity, belonging and diversity.
Blue Sky Bridge Values
Kids first – The center of our work is the core value of serving children first.
Strive for Excellence in personal work performance, ability to collaborate across departments and agencies, providing the best care for our clients. Learning, growing, and taking healthy risks.
Honor Wellness – A vibrant, resilient staff that enjoys coming to work and actively demonstrates their personal wellness strategies. Actively seeking ways to deal with the trauma that enters the building every day.
Healthy Human Interactions – Respect and dignity in action.
All are welcome and Included – A full spectrum of demographic differences, as well as perspectives, personality, and opinions will make us stronger and more effective as an organization.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills – written and presentation.
- Experience in building and growing effective and collaborative teams.
- Outgoing and engaging personality, demonstrating confidence in face-to-face interactions with donors.
- Expertise and willingness to learn about and reach out to the funding community.
- Experience with grant-writing and grant reporting.
- Detail orientation with strong organizational, analytical, computer and donor database skills.
- Successful experience in working with volunteers and board members in fundraising activities.
- Experience with non-profit marketing and communications.
- 5–7 years nonprofit fundraising experience with demonstrated experience in meeting goals.
- Knowledge of and experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with Education and Outreach models a plus.
- Proficiency in Donor Perfect, Constant Contact and Adobe Creative Suite.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary for this role is based on experience with an estimated range of total compensation between $95,000 and $125,000. Blue Sky Bridge offers generous PTO plans to a robust benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance programs, 401k, wellness benefits, access to mental health practitioners, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Blue Sky Bridge is an inclusive culture embracing the value of a diverse workforce in all roles, at all levels of the organization. We work to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make decisions based on job-related factors alone. We ask that you do not disclose any information on the application which could indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation and we encourage applicants who meet some but not all qualifications to apply.
To apply, please visit this website.
The person filling this role will have one primary job responsibility: working as a trauma-informed therapist with children, adolescents and families to reduce symptoms after a traumatic event using evidence-based modalities of therapy and assessments to inform treatment. They will report to the Program Director, work on a team with other therapists, and work closely with forensic interviewers, family support advocates, and multidisciplinary partners.
Bilingual Therapist (Part-time)
Work will be split between our two therapy offices located in Longmont, CO & Boulder, CO (near Roosevelt Park & near Folsom & Iris, respectively).
20 – 25 hours per week, preferred, with availability on afternoons and early evenings for after-school appointments.
To support children and adolescents as they heal from traumatic events, and to foster healing and growth in families during times of crisis.
- Provide direct crisis services to primary and secondary victims of child abuse.
- Provide trauma-informed individual and group therapy services to children, non-offending caregivers, adults, and families.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships within Blue Sky Bridge and within the community.
- Collaborate and communicate within the team, across Blue Sky Bridge teams, and across disciplines to further the mission of Blue Sky Bridge.
- Facilitate bilingual support groups for non-offending caregivers.
- Provide testimony in child abuse cases, if needed.
- Receive ongoing training in trauma-informed best practices.
- Assist with intake, staffing and referral processes.
- Support other therapists working with Blue Sky Bridge, and our therapist guild.
- Attend and represent BSB at community outreach events, fundraising events, and other community engagement activities, as needed.
- Provide case support, as needed.
- Respond to crisis calls, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
BLUE SKY BRIDGE VALUES
- Kids first- the center of our work is the core value of serving children first.
- Strive for Excellence– in personal work performance, ability to collaborate across departments and agencies, providing the best care for our clients. Learning, growing, and taking healthy risks.
- Honor Wellness– a vibrant, resilient staff that enjoys coming to work and actively demonstrates their personal wellness strategies. Actively seeking ways to deal with the trauma that enters the building every day.
- Healthy Human Interactions– respect and dignity in action.
- All are welcome and Included– a full spectrum of demographic differences, as well as perspectives, personality, and opinions will make us stronger and more effective as an organization.
- Master’s degree in a Clinical Field (imminent graduates are invited to apply).
- Current licensure, or working towards clinical licensure in Colorado, with outside clinical supervision in place.
- Ability to speak & write both English and Spanish, fluently.
- Clinical experience with children and families (will consider practicum experience).
- Ability to work well with children.
- Flexibility and the ability to work well with a variety of disciplines throughout the organization.
- Ability to skillfully work in a group or independently.
- Excellent communication and mediation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and phone skills.
- Attentive learner.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Physically able to move between buildings, lift 20lbs, and go up and down stairs.
Experience providing TF-CBT (Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and/or EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy).
- Understanding of trauma-informed work environments and cultural humility.
- Awareness of, and strategies for coping with, stress and/or vicarious trauma.
- Confidence to express your thoughts, and reflective receptivity to feedback.
- Understanding of child maltreatment.
- Thorough understanding of sexual assault and child abuse issues.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to family systems and child victimization.
- Crisis management experience.
- Experience working in a Child Advocacy setting.
- Knowledge of child abuse investigations.
- Detail-oriented & organized.
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Blue Sky Bridge is committed to offering competitive compensation and benefits. The starting range is $25-$35/hour depending upon experience.
- Part-time staff: Paid hourly & eligible for the following benefits.
- Paid time off, wellness benefits (e.g. gym discount), and training opportunities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume, and references.
Blue Sky Bridge is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.