Blue Sky Bridge is a Child Advocacy Center located in Boulder, Colorado, and an essential component of the local multidisciplinary team. Through forensic interviews, family crisis intervention, and therapy, we provide services to children who are victims of and witnesses to crimes, and to their families. We also provide training, education, and outreach for our community. Blue Sky Bridge has helped over 10,000 children and family members since our founding in 1995.
Conducts forensic interviews of children regarding allegations of child abuse, and provides testimony in court if needed. Provides training and consultation for law enforcement, social services, and prosecutors.
- Conducts forensic interviews of children regarding allegations of abuse.
- Participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary investigative team.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with partners in law enforcement, human services, the District Attorney’s office and others.
- Provides testimony in court as requested.
- Provides case consultation for agency partners on an as-needed basis.
- Develops and conducts training with agency partners or community professionals.
- Remains current regarding the latest child abuse issues, research, journals, protocols and interviewing techniques. Attends a national training on a semi-annual basis.
- Attends and participates in state, local, and internal peer review at least once a month.
- Participates on the Boulder County Sexual Assault Review Team as needed.
- Provides grant support as requested, participates in fundraising efforts, and prepares monthly reports.
- Is available after-hours on an emergency basis, as needed
OTHER DUTIES OR SKILLS
- Represents Blue Sky Bridge on assigned community committees.
- Attends Blue Sky Bridge events, as scheduled.
- Other duties, as assigned.
The forensic interviewer will work closely with all staff and agency partners including investigators, prosecutors, treatment specialists, physicians, caseworkers, volunteers, and others who may be involved with cases.
BLUE SKY BRIDGE VALUES
- Kids First The center of our work is the core value of serving children first.
- Strive for Excellence We provide the best care for our clients through collaboration across departments and agencies. We learn, grow, and take healthy risks.
- Honor Wellness We prioritize a vibrant, resilient staff that enjoys coming to work and actively demonstrates personal wellness strategies. Staff members actively seek strategies to manage the trauma that enters the building every day.
- Healthy Human Interactions We actively demonstrate respect and dignity.
- All Are Welcome and Included A full spectrum of demographic differences, as well as perspectives, personality, and opinions make Blue Sky Bridge stronger and more effective.
- Master’s Degree in Social work or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree with experience conducting forensic interviews at a child advocacy center will be considered.
- Experience interviewing children at a child advocacy center preferred.
- Training in a nationally recognized forensic interviewing protocol such as NCAC preferred. Please provide training information with resume, if applicable.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to family systems and child victimization.
- Excellent communication and mediation skills.
- Ability to work well with children.
- Ability to work well with a variety of disciplines.
- Flexibility and the ability to work well with a variety of disciplines.
- Understanding of trauma-informed work environments and cultural humility.
- Ability to skillfully work in a group or independently.
- Confidence to express your thoughts, and reflective receptivity to feedback.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Physically able to move between adjacent buildings, lift 20lbs, and climb stairs.
- Knowledge of a research-based forensic interviewing protocol and the ability to use it in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Knowledge of how a child advocacy center works.
- Knowledge of the overall child protection and legal system.
- Knowledge of community resources.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Blue Sky Bridge is committed to offering competitive compensation and benefits. This position is salaried, with a starting range of $58,000-$69,000, depending upon experience.
- Paid time off, Medical/Dental/Vision/401K/Life and AD&D, Parental Leave, Wellness Benefits, and Training opportunities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, and references.
Blue Sky Bridge is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.