Blue Sky Bridge is a Child Advocacy Center located in Boulder, Colorado, and an essential component of the local multidisciplinary team. Through forensic interviews, family crisis intervention, and therapy, we provide services to children who are victims of and witnesses to crimes, and to their families. We also provide training, education, and outreach for our community. Blue Sky Bridge has helped over 10,000 children and family members since our founding in 1995.
Blue Sky Bridge is hiring a full-time Family Support Advocate. The ideal candidate would be bilingual Spanish/English.
As a well-established non-profit child advocacy center in Boulder, Colorado with a strong base of financial support, Blue Sky Bridge is experiencing a period of high growth. The Family Support Advocate will have significant opportunity to sustain and build upon this role, working with a dedicated team of professionals. The Leadership Team at Blue Sky Bridge is focused on organizational excellence and prioritizes the ongoing health of staff. The Family Support Advocate reports to the Program Director, and works on a team with the Program Director, Forensic Interviewers, and other Family Support Advocates, as well as the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) in Boulder County.
POSITION TITLE: Family Support Advocate
Providing family support advocacy for non–offending family members at the time of the Forensic Interview and beyond.
- Providing families with clinical crisis intervention during the forensic interview and setting the foundation for extended psycho-educational support
- Working with Law Enforcement and the Department of Housing and Human Services, Child Protection Division, to maximize the support a child and family receives throughout the investigation
- Identifying and providing appropriate community resources and referrals
- Providing education regarding topics such as:
- Childhood abuse and neglect
- System/family impact
- Caregiver’s role in recovery
- Safety planning
- Roles of the multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Importance of treatment
- Identification of treatment providers
- Conducting basic family assessments
- Maintaining contact and advocate relationships with clients
- Maintaining the client case tracking system (NCATrak)
- Facilitating caregiver support groups, as needed
- Providing crisis intervention over the phone
- Oversee the undergraduate intern program (case support advocates) which includes screening, interviewing, scheduling and communicating with all undergraduate interns
- Being available after-hours on an emergency basis, as needed
OTHER DUTIES OR SKILLS
- Developing and presenting educational workshops/trainings
- Representing BSB on assigned community committees
- Attending BSB events, as scheduled
- Other duties, as assigned
- Master’s degree in a clinical field OR significant applied experience
- Colorado licensure is not required for this role.
- If you are pursuing licensure, please know that outside supervision would be needed.
- 2+ years’ experience providing advocacy or clinical work with families
- Understanding of trauma-informed work environments and cultural humility
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to family systems and child victimization
- Knowledge of the overall child protection and legal system
- Excellent communication and mediation skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work well with a variety of disciplines
- Ability to skillfully work in a group or independently
- Confidence to express your thoughts, and reflective receptivity to feedback
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a sometimes stressful environment
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Physically able to move between buildings, lift 20lbs, and go up and down stairs
- Spanish speaking
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience working in a Child Advocacy setting
- Knowledge of child abuse investigations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Blue Sky Bridge is committed to offering competitive compensation and benefits. This position is salaried, with a starting range of $50,000 – $55,000, depending upon experience.
- Paid time off, Medical/Dental/Vision, Wellness Benefits, and Training opportunities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, and references.
Blue Sky Bridge is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.