Blue Sky Bridge is searching for a full time Forensic Interviewer. As a well-established non-profit child advocacy center in Boulder, Colorado with a strong base of financial support, Blue Sky Bridge is experiencing a period of high growth. Blue Sky Bridge has recently expanded into a larger facility, adding capacity and additional programs. The Forensic Interviewer has significant opportunity to sustain and build upon this role, working with a dedicated team of professionals. Leadership at Blue Sky Bridge is focused on organizational excellence and prioritizes the ongoing health of staff.
Conducts forensic interviews of children regarding allegations of child abuse. Provides training and consultation for law enforcement, social services, and prosecutors.
• Conducts forensic interviews of children regarding allegations of abuse.
• Participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary investigative team.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with partners in law enforcement, human services, the District Attorney’s office and others.
• Provides testimony in court as requested.
• Provides case consultation for agency partners on an as-needed basis.
• Develops and conducts training with agency partners or community professionals.
• Maintains and updates NCAtrak, our web-based client management system.
• Maintains statistics for the agency.
• Remains current regarding the latest child abuse issues, research, journals, protocols and interviewing techniques. Attends a national training on a semi-annual basis.
• Attends and participates in state and local peer review.
• Participates on the Boulder County Sex Assault Review Team as needed.
• Provides grant support as requested, participates in fundraising efforts, and prepares monthly reports.
The forensic interviewer will work closely with all staff and agency partners including investigators, prosecutors, treatment specialists, physicians, caseworkers, volunteers, and others who may be involved with cases.
• Master’s Degree in Social work or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree with experience conducting forensic interviews at a child advocacy center will be considered.
• Experience interviewing children at a child advocacy center preferred.
• Training in a nationally recognized forensic interviewing protocol such as NCAC preferred. Please provide training information with resume, if applicable.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to family systems and child victimization.
• Excellent communication and mediation skills.
• Ability to work well with children.
• Ability to work well with a variety of disciplines.
• Excel knowledge.
• Knowledge of a research-based forensic interviewing protocol and the ability to use it in a developmentally appropriate manner.
• Knowledge of the overall child protection and legal system.
• Knowledge of community resources.
$45,000 to $55,000, depending on incoming skills, qualifications and training.
About Blue Sky Bridge
Blue Sky Bridge is a non-profit organization located in Boulder, Colorado working in prevention and intervention of child abuse. We use the Child Advocacy Center model to create a child-focused approach to abuse investigations in partnership with law enforcement, social services and the District Attorney’s office. Blue Sky Bridge provides skilled forensic interviews of children and vulnerable adults, crisis counseling and support to non-offending caregivers, therapy for children and families, medical examinations, and education programs to increase community awareness and to empower the community to prevent sexual abuse of children.
Please email email@example.com with your cover letter (including number of interviews conducted and experience testifying), resume, references, and salary requirements.
Application Deadline: November 9, 2017. Interviews may begin sooner than November 9th, so please submit your information as soon as you can. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible but it is most important that we find the right person to join our team.
No phone calls, please.