Mission & Purpose
The purpose of the Blue Sky Bridge Associate Board is to further the Blue Sky Bridge mission by participating in community outreach, networking opportunities, and fundraising events. The Associate Board also has the opportunity to create and implement new ways of spreading awareness and raising funds for Blue Sky Bridge. The Associate Board will offer advice, creative input, and service to staff and the Board of Directors. This is a hands-on group with a commitment to philanthropy and volunteerism.
Associate Board Members are not term-limited; one can serve as long as they are willing and able. There is no maximum number of Associate Board Members, and Membership is based on the unanimous approval of existing members.
Requirements & Responsibilities
Members agree to:
1) Attend quarterly meetings.
2) Attend at least one Blue Sky Bridge training (if they haven’t already done so) upon entry to the group (Stewards of Children or Nurturing Healthy Sexual Development).
3) Participate in and volunteer for various Blue Sky Bridge outreach and fundraising events (at least one outreach event and one fundraising event per year). These activities may include:
- Selling raffle tickets for Blue Sky Bridge’s annual event, By the Glass
- Securing silent auction items for By the Glass
- Manning a table for any number of community outreach events (Tulip Fairy Festival, Munchkin Masquerade, Erie Balloon Festival, Boulder Start Up Week Nonprofit Fair, etc.)
- Becoming a “True Blue Partner” by making an ongoing monthly gift in any amount.
About Blue Sky Bridge
Blue Sky Bridge’s mission is to foster safe communities, healing, and justice to end child abuse.
Since 1995, we have served as Boulder County’s expert on child abuse. Our survivor-centered, trauma-informed approach has empowered thousands of child survivors and their family members to find the support that they need in order to begin the healing process after an allegation of abuse. At our facility, children receive forensic interviews, medical exams, and therapy services. Caretakers receive crisis intervention counseling and support services.
Out in the community, we provide education programs that reach students, parents, law enforcement officers, educators and more. We believe that education is our most powerful tool to prevent and disrupt the cycle of abuse. Together we can keep our children safe. They deserve to live in a community free of abuse.